Committee Contact EMail: Field.Operations@REACTIntl.org
The role of the Field Operations Committee is to assist the Board of Directors and the organization with innovative approaches in formulating strategies and recommending new initiatives, subject to the approval by the Board of Directors, with all facets of REACT Field Operations, including Communications, Interoperability and member response to requests for Assistance.
- Develop and maintain a Nationwide Band Plan to include interference prevention for close proximity simultaneous incidents.
- Develop and maintain standards for two-way radio equipment that maintains narrowband compliance as applicable.
- Develop and maintain Communications Protocols for Business Band, Maritime, GMRS, FRS, MURS, CB, and Amateur Radio and cellular bands.
- Develop and maintain standards for Teams seeking to license use on Business Band Frequencies similar to the WPRT-970 license.
- Develop standards of operation for Team and Council for use on all bands of operation
- Develop and maintain standard levels of operation to include inter-team and regional mutual aid protocols.
- Develop Organizational Chain of Command Structure utilizing NIMS/ICS for local, Regional and National Responses.
- Develop Policies and Procedures recommending Team guidance on NIMS/ICS Standards and Structure.
- Develop Comprehensive Equipment Inventory by Region for community response use.
- Develop standard Community Response protocols for activation requests by served agencies.
- Identify types of agencies Team may form partnerships with.
- Research and develop a standardized MOU for Team use as a template for local use.
- Research and develop standards, protocols and structure of Disaster Communications Assistance Team (DCAT) for use by teams and members.
- Develop list of specific goals and time table for Disaster Communications Assistance Team (DCAT) program.
- Develop specific program for Disaster Communications Assistance Team (DCAT) development.
Training & Development
- Develop NIMS/ICS Training Standards with NIMS/ICS coordinator
- Review and update all printed training and development materials at REACT international and bring it up to date.
- Create new materials that are needed.
- Maintain records of training and development test completions.
- Promote training and development materials to members. Coordinate committee efforts with other committees and liaisons that may be affected.
Develop the Basic Communicator training manual for initial member training.
- Basic operation of two-way radio equipment
- Familiarization with uses of the Business Band, Maritime, GMRS, FRS, MURS, CB, and Amateur Radio and cellular bands relative to general, emergency and disaster use.
Develop the Senior Communicator training manual.
- Basic Communicator Prerequisite
- Proper use of the Business Band, Maritime, GMRS, FRS, MURS, CB, and Amateur Radio and cellular bands relative to general, emergency and disaster use.
- Introduction to Amateur radio digital modes.
- Advanced operation of two-way radio equipment relative, troubleshooting, antenna systems, etc., for general, emergency and disaster use.
Develop the Master Communicator training manual
- Senior Communicator Prerequisite
- Team leadership training managing DCAT response team during general, emergency and disaster events.
Develop EmComm communicator training manual
- Senior Communicator Prerequisite
Set up and break down field station
- Portable repeater operations
- Antenna systems
- Portable mast systems
- Back-up systems
- Field deployment protocols.
- NIMS/ICS review