Committee Contact EMail: Convention@REACTIntl.org
The following responsibilities for the Convention & Site Selection Committee serve as guidelines for committee operation. These guidelines are subject to change as situations may warrant.
- Actively solicit and review convention bids from various Teams and/or Councils.
- Seek to establish annual RI convention schedule three years in advance.
- Review, update (if necessary) and distribute convention bid guidelines and procedures.
- Review proposed convention bids and forward to Executive VP with recommendations.
- Attempt to maintain established rotation of East, Central, West, Central, East, etc.
- Work closely with upcoming convention host committee to assure RI that they understand all that is expected and that everything happens in an organized and timely manner.
- Provide for an informational presentation at each convention to serve as a preview of the following year's convention. Presentation to include such items as attractions, accommodations, various expenses, registration form and other pertinent information.
- Assist convention host(s) committee (potential and decided) with information from past conventions, requirements, plans, etc. to help facilitate a successful convention.
- Annual convention host committee will work under the supervision and coordination of this committee during the planning and preparation stages.